Who We Are
At City Relay, it’s no secret that we love property. From architecture to design to furniture, it’s what we live and breathe. As experts in the London property market, we’re shifting the landscape, bringing back premium rental experiences and maximising property potential. We’re also doing it in a sustainable way — better for our city and the people that live in it.
Our sister company City Relay Solutions is London’s number one outsourced B2B operations provider for recognised brands in the short term rental and accommodation sector.
What makes us unique to our customers?
We believe London’s renters should have access to comfortable, flexible and functional homes. Likewise, we believe our partners should be able to manage their portfolio hassle-free, and with optimum yield.
To achieve this, we’ve combined unparalleled property expertise with smart, innovative and proprietary technology to build a radically different experience for residents and property owners. The experience is shaped around a flexible lettings model, combining short and long-term stays — benefiting everyone involved.
On top of this, we’re the only management company providing a full, end-to-end service. We carry out all operations in-house – everything from personal check-in’s, smart pricing, marketing, account management, contract and compliance management, housekeeping, maintenance and much more.
We’re also committed to going green and have introduced a number of initiatives across the business to meet our sustainability goals from eco-friendly partnerships and amenities such as compostable coffee pods to electric, carbon neutral vehicles.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Commercial Director to add value to our growth activities by identifying new commercial opportunities and managing marketing efforts. You will keep abreast of trends and market conditions to provide strategic advice and support to drive the longer term success and growth of the business and drive the new strategy forward.
We are ideally looking for someone who has an entrepreneurial mindset and great leadership skills. We are a well funded startup and have received £5 million worth of investment so far, this role will help promote and expand the company’s commercial activity that will generate revenue and lead to sustainable growth.
- Develop and implement commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth
- Conduct market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities (expansion, business development etc.)
- Understand the requirements of existing customers to ensure their needs are being met
- Act to acquire new customers and manage client relationships (new and existing)
- Collaborate with and coordinate diverse teams (Marketing, Sales, Account Management, Operations etc.)
- Build and maintain profitable partnerships with key stakeholders
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for CEO/our investors
- Assist in setting financial targets and budget development and monitoring
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven experience as Commercial Director or other relevant role and in the Real Estate industry
- Proven experience in sales and/or marketing and managing relationships with key clients
- In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- BSc/BA in business administration, finance or relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus
- Join an exciting industry and a fast-growing start-up
- 15% discount in our City Relay properties for friends and family
- Day off on the week of your birthday